Secured Wins From the Presidency to Local School Boards
December 18, 2020
This was a year of some much needed, and truly historic wins. Our partner organization Education Reform Now Advocacy (ERNA) was proud to support President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Harris in their journey to the White House, along with 52 Democratic victories across our states. This includes:
- Helping to flip two U.S. Senate seats blue through our GOTV efforts to support Senators-elect John Hickenlooper and Mark Kelly.
- Passing five ballot initiatives in Colorado that will increase funding for Denver and Durango public schools, help fund universal Pre-K, and repeal Gallagher, which stabilizes property tax funding for schools.
- Electing Marilyn Strickland, the first African American woman in Washington state to serve in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Maintaining a supermajority on the Orleans Parish School Board in Louisiana, with DFER LA-endorsed candidates winning six out of six races.
- Electing Jacque Patterson to the At-Large seat and Allister Chang to a ward-based seat on the D.C. State Board of Education.
- Supporting five candidates win seats in the NY Senate and one in the NY State Assembly.
Earlier this year, our Leaders of Color alumna Marquita Bradshaw made history as the first Black woman to win the Democratic Primary for U.S. Senate in Tennessee. While she did not win in the general election, we expect to see great things from Bradshaw in the future.
May 12, 2022
May 5, 2022
April 12, 2022