Election Day is Saturday, October 14th; Early Voting is September 30th-October 7th
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11 2023
Contact: Terrence Lockett
NEW ORLEANS, LA – Terrence Lockett, Executive Director for Democrats for Education Reform Louisiana, announced the endorsement of 13 candidates across Louisiana seeking a seat on the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE), and in the Legislature.
“Through the recruitment and endorsement process, DFER LA PAC has chosen to support leaders who champion high-quality public school options for every student across Louisiana, as well as progressive policies that improve outcomes for Louisiana’s students and families inside and outside the classroom,” said Lockett. “We’ve said before that the Democratic Party should be the party that champions opportunity, excellence and equity for Louisiana’s school children. This year’s election cycle provides an opportunity to elect Democrats who will support issues and policies that do just that.”
DFER LA PAC is endorsing incumbent Preston Castille in District 8 for the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE).
In the Louisiana State Senate, DFER LA PAC is endorsing incumbent Senator Ed Price in District 2.
In the Louisiana House of Representatives, DFER LA PAC is endorsing:
- House District 2: Dr. Terence Vinson;
- House District 4: Joy Walters;
- House District 21: C. Travis Johnson;
- House District 23: Shaun Mena;
- House District 26: Ed Larvadain III;
- House District 40: Dustin Miller;
- House District 44: Ravis K. Martinez;
- House District 62: Dadrius Lanus;
- House District 83: Kyle M. Green, Jr.;
- House District 85: Andrea Manuel; and
- House District 91: Madison O’Malley.
The primary election for the Legislature, the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education, the Governor’s race and other statewide races will be on Saturday, Oct. 14. Early voting will take place Saturday, Sept. 30 through Saturday, Oct. 7 (except Sunday, Oct. 1) from 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.